Concepto de "externo" en los evaluadores y miembros del tribunal de las tesis doctorales de la UPV
The regulation for Doctorate Studies at UPV plus the Spanish Royal Decree 99/2011, stipulates the process for the evaluation and the defence of the doctoral thesis.
The 'external' professors collaborating in this process, as external evaluators and / or as members of the defence tribunal, should meet the following requirements:
- Not belonging to UPV or to a institution collaborating with the doctoral programme
- Doctors, with proven research experience, and with no collaboration in any way with the research team where the thesis has been carried out in the last 5 years, as this may compromise the objectivity of the evaluation).
- Having publications or joint patents in the last 5 years.
- Sharing funds or research projects in the last 3 years.
- Sharing other economic or scientific-technological activities in the last 5 five years.
Other aspects to be considered:
- Being immediate family of the doctoral student or the director(s)
- Being recused for friendship or manifest enmity with the doctoral student or the director(s).
These criteria will be strictly applied in the case of the external evaluation prior to the defence, although may be relaxed for the members of the tribunal, when justified.