Basic and general Skills
- Systematic understanding of a field of study and mastery of skills and research methods related to the field in question.
- Ability to conceive, design or create, implement and adopt a substantial research or creation process.
- Ability to contribute to the expansion of the frontiers of knowledge through original research.
- Ability to perform critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas.
- Ability to communicate with the academic and scientific communities, and with society as a whole, about their areas of expertise through the means and languages commonly used in their international scientific community.
- Ability to promote, within academic and professional contexts, scientific, technological, social, artistic or cultural progress in a knowledge-based society.
Personal abilities and skills
- To interact in contexts where there is little specific information.
- To find the key questions that must be answered to solve a complex problem.
- To design, create, develop and launch new and innovative projects in their field of knowledge.
- Ability to work in a team and individually in an international or multidisciplinary context.
- To integrate knowledge, handling complexity and making judgements with limited information.
- Being able to intellectually criticise and defend intellectual solutions.
- Ability to acquire a theoretical and practical mastery of key concepts in several of the research lines of the programme in the field of computer science.
- Ability to identify, model and solve problems in several of the research lines of the programme in the field of computer science.
- Ability to acquire advanced science's knowledge and engage in several of the research lines of the programme in the field of computer science.
- Ability to transfer own techniques and results in several of the research lines of the programme in the field of computer science.
- Ability to formulate and propose solutions to highly complex computer problems.
- Ability to integrate computer technologies, applications, services and systems in multidisciplinary contexts.
- Ability to handle library resources and locate documentation on previous works on the subject of interest.
- Ability to propose, properly structure and draft a report on a computer assignment.
- Ability to propose and develop original contributions that are publishable in prestigious forums in the field of computer science.
- Ability to perform coordination tasks at scientific meetings on the subject of interest.