What are tandems?
The Valencian-European Language Tandems aim to promote the use and knowledge of Valencian, as well as the knowledge of other languages of the state and also European languages (English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Galician, Basque, and Spanish, among others) within the framework of multilingualism and the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) in the European Union. At the same time, it aims to improve communicative skills and to expand the knowledge of other cultures as an added value.
In these tandems, organised by the Language Normalisation and Promotion Service (SPNL), you can learn Valencian or another European language at your own pace through different activities, such as having a coffee, chatting, going to the cinema or the theatre, at a concert or hiking. And if you participate in language exchanges of 15, 20, or 30 hours duration, the UPV recognises them as ECTS or free elective credits.
In addition, the SPNL will inform you about activities, both individually and externally organised, where you can practise Valencian. It will also give you advice, collaborate in linguistic exchanges meetings, and organise monthly activities aimed at members of linguistic tandems.
Who is this aimed at?
It is aimed at members of the UPV university community, including students and teachers of Mobility Programmes (such as Erasmus).
How to participate?
To participate in Valencian-European language tandems you need to:
1. Log in to www.facebook.com/ApnlTandems.
2. Register until April 30, 2015, by filling in the "Registration Form for Valencian-European Language Tandems”.
3. Click "like" on the Tandems Facebook web page: www.facebook.com/ApnlTandems.
4. Introduce yourself on the wall, specifying the languages you want to practise and the languages you can offer: Valencian/Catalan, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Galician, Basque, Spanish, etc.
5. Find a language partner on the wall or via messaging.
6. Inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following subject: “Tàndems_DNI1_DNI2” (Note: corresponding Personal ID: DNI or NIE).
7. Practise in tandems.
8. Information on CREDITS RECOGNITION.
With collaboration of: Department of International Exchange Programmes (OPII─ Valencian acronym for Oficina de Programes Internacionals d’Intercanvi).
Servei de Promoció i Normalització Lingüística