The UPV has launched the campaign “Matricula’t en valencià, perquè vols!” ("Enrol in Valencian, because You Want To!") with the aim to promote the selection of Valencian as preferential language when enrolling, selecting courses taught in Valencian and, in general, using Valencian in the academic circles.
The message of the 2015-2016 campaign stresses the need to explicitly express the desire of students to receive an education in Valencian.
As means of support, guidance is provided in the document "Why Study in Valencian?", which offers useful information about studying in Valencian and learning this language: "Why should I study in Valencian?", "How can I study in Valencian?", "What does enrolling on a subject in Valencian involve?", "In which language should I express myself?", "And what about if a student asks the teacher to change language?", "What can I do to learn Valencian or to improve it?", " How useful are the certificates in the Valencian language?" "What could I do to promote Valencian at the university?"
The campaign Enrol in Valencian, aimed at first and second cycle, degree and master students, is based on three actions:
1. When enrolling in July and September: Choose Valencian as the language in which you want to receive your teaching and enrol in courses in Valencian and in Technical Valencian subjects.
2. September 10: # ViulaUPVenvalencià with a photo and an ice cream at the “Enrol in Valencian” stalls (from 12 am to 3 pm).
3. From October 1 to 8: If you have chosen Valencian as language of preference for your courses, collect your welcome present.
1. When enrolling in July and September: Choose Valencian as the language in which you want to receive your teaching and enrol in courses in Valencia and in subjects of Technical Valencian.
When enrolling, choose the language in which you want to receive teaching: check the box Valencian, regardless of the language offered for the specific subjects you want to enrol in.
Enrol in courses offered in Valencian, and during the academic year─in your classrooms and work experience─ask for teaching materials, take notes, raise questions, take your exams, and do tasks in Valencian. And if they are not available, do not hesitate to demand a greater use of Valencian in the classroom.
Enrol also in Technical Valencian subjects: you will learn the appropriate terminology for your degree and will improve your communicative and professional skills and your language knowledge in order to take the accreditation tests that lead to Valencian certificates from the UPV.
1. September 10: # ViulaUPVenvalencià with a photo and an ice cream at the “Enrol in Valencian” stalls (from 12 am to 3 pm)
Now that you have enrolled, come for your last summer ice cream and experience the UPV in Valencian!
On 10 September, from 12 am to3 pm, the UPV students who wish to participate in this activity will agree to take their photo, which will be shared on the social networks (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram) with the tag # viulaUPVenvalencià.
In these photos, some examples of uses of Valencian at the university should be present, such as teaching materials, posters, signs or other things written in Valencian on the University Campus. The style is free and you can use photographic filters.
Once the photograph is published, participating students can collect their ice cream at the ice cream stand (Agora and plaza of the “Casa de l’Alumne”─House of the Student), where they will show the photo which has been published on the social networks, using their phones or other devices.
1. From October 1 to 8: If you have chosen Valencian as language of preference for your classes, come for your welcome present.
From October 1 to 8, you can come for your welcome present at the Language Normalisation and Promotion Service of your University Campus (until supplies run out).
To prove that you have chosen Valencian as language of preference, you can show the enrolment document with the Valencian box marked, on your mobile device (such as your phone or tablet), computer or NLP.
· Why study in Valencian?
· Poster “Enrol in Valencian”
Linguistic Normalisation and Promotion Service: