Greetings from UPV Campus d'Alcoi, Spain!
We hope this e-mail finds you and your relatives in good health.
Thank you for your interest in Campus d’Alcoi. We are glad about your nomination for studies at Campus d’Alcoi during the Spring/Summer semester 2020/2021.
The situation in Spain nowadays is difficult, in this link there is further information (updated) about it and specifically information within the Valencian area:
It is impossible at this point to know what the situation will be like when the Spring Semester begins.
Therefore, in order to get ready for next semester and to implement in the best way possible the Spanish government’s instructions, Campus d’Alcoi has made some decisions and taken some measures, which will have a direct impact on your everyday life:
- The courses will be fully delivered online for Bachelor’s grades in 3rd and 4th levels. Included Subjects taught in English since belong to 4th level.
- 1st - 2nd level in Bachelor's and Master's studies plan to continue to have the current hybrid model of virtual and on-campus courses.
- No course will be fully delivered in a face-to-face mode.
- We have constraints in number of courses available and students per course that will be offered to Incoming students.
- Some venues will probably remain with a limit number of students for the whole semester like student restaurants, sports halls, and all socializing areas and places.
- No event or activity involving gatherings of people will be organized throughout the semester.
- All students and staff have to strictly apply the health and safety measures ordered by the Spanish government: to observe social distancing at all time, to wash their hands regularly, to wear a mask when at Campus d’Alcoi and in the city, to avoid gatherings, and not to stay on campus when they don’t have class.
Other measures may also apply, depending on the evolution of the pandemic and the Spanish government’s instructions. Please, also be aware that in case of a second wave of COVID-19 in our region, we would probably have to observe a new period of lockdown.
In this conditions if you want to start the procedure anyway, please be informed about the documents required during the first stage of your application procedure:
You should apply online at the following link:
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: The students must upload on their on-line application form the following documents:
1. Language requirements: All incoming exchange students coming to UPV should give proof of their sufficient knowledge of the Spanish Language in one of the following ways:
- A Certificate of having achieved level A2 (CEFR) of Spanish.
- A certificate stating that they have taken at least 100 hours of Spanish language clases.
2. Learning Agreement: Students can find the EPSA Study Programs on http://www.upv.es/contenidos/IOFEPSA/info/1070043normalc.html
3. Printed application form signed by coordinator
The Spring Term stars:
- Bachelor studies: February 8th students enroll in courses from 2nd , 3rd and 4th level.
- Bachelor studies: February 15th students enroll in courses from 1st level.
- Master studies: February 17th.
However a shift to a later point in time might be possible depending on the development of the pandemic.
We know that students are eager to start planning their exchange in Campus d’Alcoi. However, considering the high degree of uncertainty, we encourage all exchange students to not purchase flights or make non-refundable financial obligations for their exchanges at this time.
WELCOME AND ORIENTATION MEETINGS WILL TAKE PLACE ONLINE. OUR INTERNATIONAL SERVICES WILL OFFER LIMITED FACE-TO-FACE STUDENT SUPPORT AND ORIENTATION. OUR STAFF WILL BE FULLY AVAILABLE REMOTELY.
For our first semester (Sept-Jan) or complete academic year (Sept-Jul)
- EU Students: from 1 April to 30 June
- Non EU Students: from 20 March to 15 May
For our second semester (Feb-Jul)
- EU Students: from 1 September to 30 November
- Non EU Students: from 1 September to 15 October
Please check in your country if you need Visa to come to Spain as a student.
If you find any problems or have any questions please contact with our international office: