A large number of degrees offered by the Universitat Politècnica de València are certified with the label of international excellence EUR-ACE. It certifies that the studies comply with the professional requirements in the field of engineering.
This seal is granted by the European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education (ENAEE), and both the Spanish Engineering Institute (IIE) and the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA) participate in the certification process through its International Quality Seals (SIC) program.
- It is internationally recognized and facilitates academic and professional mobility.
- For engineering students and graduates, it ensures that the EUR-ACE-certified program meets high European and international standards and is recognized by employers in Europe.
- For employers, it ensures that candidates’ knowledge, understanding and practical skills meet international standards of engineering education.
- For universities, it is an additional verification of the high quality of education in engineering degrees and provides an incentive for prospective students to choose a program with this certificate.
UPV degrees with the EUR-ACE label of Excellence
- It covers all engineering disciplines and profiles, is internationally recognized and facilitates academic and professional mobility.
- It gives international value and recognition of the engineering qualification, and is awarded to programs that meet the program outcome standards.
- It respects the great diversity of engineering education in the European Higher Education Area.
- A quality system has been created for accredited engineering degree programs that share common objectives and views.
The ENAEE agency
ENAEE is the European body in charge of granting authorization to accreditation agencies to award the EUR-ACE seal in first and second cycle of engineering programs that have been accredited. ENAEE members are agencies and professional organizations with an interest in the education and training of engineering professionals.
The implementation of the EUR-ACE system began in 2007, with the award of the first labels. Since then, ENAEE has accredited nearly 2,000 programs in more than 20 countries.