To ensure that all students have the right to study at the university of their choice, the Spanish Ministry of Education, the Valencian Ministry of Education and the Universitat Politècnica de València itself offer a series of different scholarships and grants for university students studying in Spanish universities.
The Spanish Ministry of Education, the Valencian Ministry of Education and the Universitat Politècnica de València itself offer a series of different scholarships and grants for university students studying in Spanish universities:
- General grants: for students who are going to study in their own Autonomous Community.
- Accommodation grants: for students who are going to study in an Autonomous Community other than that of their family residence and will be paying rent.
In order to receive a grant, you must not surpass the economic thresholds established in the call for applications. The application must be completed online at the Ministry website.
If you can identify yourself using any of the digital signatures accepted by the website, you can complete the online submission process by attaching the necessary documents. If this is not possible, you must print and present the application, together with the required documents when enrolling at the educational centre you will be studying at.
The Valencian Ministry awards scholarships for students studying in universities in the Valencian Community. To receive this grant, you must prove that your administrative residence is in the Valencian Community and that you do not surpass the income thresholds established in the call for applications.
The grant exempts you from paying fees for university academic services (enrolment fees). You can download the application form on the website of the Valencian Ministry.
The application, together with the required documents, must be submitted when enrolling at the university you will be studying at.
The UPV offers different scholarships or grants where the method of application and conditions for awarding are decided in each call.
- General call: aimed at students who can show that they come from a personal or family situation of special economic need and do not receive any other student scholarships or grants. These grants include exemption from fees for academic services (fees for enrolled credits). The application form is available on the student intranet.
- Unforeseen circumstances: grants are envisaged to respond to unforeseen circumstances affecting a family or the applicant him/herself, which could have a serious economic impact that could make it difficult for the applicant to continue studying. The application is facilitated by the Grants Department in Student Services.
The application is facilitated by the Grants Department in Student Services.
The aim is to provide the necessary technical aid for studies, transport and communication for students with educational needs associated with personal disabilities, in order to facilitate access to university education and studying under equal conditions. The application form is available with the call for such grants.
These scholarships help recipients study or work in foreign universities, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), international organizations and other entities with social aims, within the framework of their studies (Meridies-Cooperation and Development Cooperation Programme).
- Collaborative training grants (type A). The aim is to train the grantee through activities that are closely related to the studies pursued. In exchange for a sum of money, grantees must carry out a series of activities in a department, centre, institute or service. The calls are published throughout the academic year and stipulate the objectives and activities to be carried out, the qualifications considered, the number of hours per week, etc.
- Grants for sporting excellence and for elite university sportspersons, in order to strengthen and promote the pursuit of sports at the UPV. The application form is available with the call for such grants.
- Academic exchange grants, for stays at other Spanish or foreign universities, within the framework of the student's studies (Erasmus and Promoe).