The Universitat Politècnica de València offers degrees with the EUR-ACE international label of excellence, which accredits courses that sufficiently comply with the professional demands of engineering. This label is awarded by the well-known European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education (ENAEE), through the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation of Spain (ANECA).
The European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education (ENAEE), was founded in February 2006 with the following objectives:
- To create confidence in the accreditation systems for undergraduate engineering degrees in Europe.
- To facilitate the exchange of information.
- To develop voluntary agreements about the accreditation of educational engineering programmes and to recognise qualifications in engineering.
- To draw up standards for the skills graduate engineers must have.
ENAEE is the European body in charge of authorising accreditation agencies to award the EUR-ACE label in the first and second cycle of the engineering programmes that it has accredited. The members of ENAEE are professional agencies and organisations interested in the education and training of engineering professionals.
The implementation of the EUR-ACE system began in 2007, with the first labels being awarded. Since then, ENAEE has accredited about 2,000 programmes in over 20 countries.
The EUR-ACE system incorporates the opinion and perspective of the main stakeholders: students, higher education institutions, employers, professional organisations and accrediting bodies.
To ensure that engineering education programmes train graduates in the required skills, these programmes are subjected to an accreditation procedure by the professional chamber or another accreditation body.
The characteristics of the EUR-ACE label:
- It covers all engineering disciplines and profiles, is recognised internationally and facilitates academic and professional mobility.
- It adds international value and recognition to engineering qualifications and is awarded to programmes that uphold the standards of the programme regarding results.
- It respects the great diversity of engineering education in the European Higher Education Area.
- It has created a system of quality for accredited undergraduate engineering programmes, which share common objectives and perspectives.
- It is recognised internationally and facilitates academic and professional mobility.
- For engineering students and graduates, it guarantees that a programme with the EUR-ACE label upholds high European and international standards and is recognised by employers in Europe.
- For employers, it ensures that the knowledge, understanding and skill of candidates complies with international standards in engineering education.
- For universities, it is an additional certification for the high quality of its undergraduate engineering degrees and provides an incentive for future students to choose a programme with this certification.