The Universitat Politècnica de València imparts degrees that have obtained the EURO-INF label of excellence, which provides recognition to courses that sufficiently comply with professional demands in the IT sector. The EURO-INF label is awarded by the European Quality Assurance Network for Informatics Education (EQANIE).
UPV degrees with the EURO-INF label of the European agency EQANIE
The EQANIE agency
The European Quality Assurance Network for Informatics Education (EQANIE) is a non-profit organisation looking to improve the evaluation and ensure the quality of IT courses in Europe. EQANIE was founded in January 2009 in Dusseldorf (Germany).
It draws up criteria and procedures to evaluate and monitor the quality of IT courses. Furthermore, it also develops and maintains a system to award European quality certification for undergraduate programmes in computing as well as to safeguard them and promote their further development.
EQANIE's objectives in terms of accreditation and quality evaluation are:
- Improve the quality of IT education.
- Provide an appropriate "European certification" for accredited IT courses.
- Facilitate transnational mutual recognition for the validation of programmes and certificates.
- Facilitate the recognition of competent authorities, in line with EU directives and other agreements.
- Increase mobility of graduates according to the recommendations of the Lisbon Strategy.
The EURO-INF label
The EQANIE EURO-INF label, which awards the EURO-INF quality certificate, has already accredited over 150 programmes in over 50 different universities in over 10 countries.
The objectives of EURO-INF are:
- Improve the quality and transparency of IT training programmes.
- Provide information about courses in Europe through appropriate certification for accredited IT training programmes.
- Facilitate mutual recognition of degrees between different countries.
- Increase student mobility.
The value of the EURO-INF label
- It guarantees that the programme upholds high international standards.
- For students, it is an additional well-known certification for employers in the European area.
- For employers, it guarantees that the candidates have the knowledge and skills required according to international standards.
- For universities, it is an additional quality certificate and proves that the accredited programme upholds academic and professional standards.
Notices published on the UPV website