- -

European Union citizens or nationals from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
Students who are nationals of these countries do not have to make any arrangements prior to their arrival.

If your stay in Spain is up to 3 months, whatever the purpose, it is sufficient to have a valid passport or identity card.

If your stay is longer than three months, you must apply for registration in the Central Registry of EU-EEA Citizens. In order to do this, you must go to the Foreigners' Office or the National Police station in the town where you live.

For certain processes in Spain (such as opening a bank account in some banks or signing a contract), it is necessary to obtain a NIE (número de identificación de extranjero).

Entry to Spain with a VISA

Students from third countries, (outside the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) must obtain a study visa to enter Spanish territory.

This visa allows the holder to stay in Spain for study, training or research purposes. It can be requested at the Spanish diplomatic mission or consular office in the applicant's country. more info.

Non-EU students who already have a residence permit for studies or a visa obtained from another EU country and who join the UPV as incoming exchange students (e.g. Erasmus) should not apply for a visa for their stay in Spain. In this case, the student must register at the Foreign Citizen’s Office (Oficina de Extranjería) through the UPV Immigration Support Services, BEFORE their arrival in Spain. (see complete procedure) at https://www.inclusion.gob.es/web/migraciones/w/autorizacion-de-estancia-por-estudios.-movilidad-dentro-de-la-union-europea

If the Residence Permit of the EU country is not for study purposes, the student should inquire at the corresponding Spanish Embassy to confirm whether s/he should apply for a student visa or not.

The Immigration Support Service UPV does not provide assistance on this procedure. The internship host entity must follow the procedure at::

Autorización de residencia para prácticas (HI 107) - Migraciones - Ministerio de Inclusión, Seguridad Social y Migraciones

EMAS upv