Feeding Knowledge is a research programme on Food Security coordinated by CIHEAM through the Institute of Bari, in partenership with the Polytechnic University of Milan (METID)
Feeding Knowledge Program has been developed in the frame of 2015 Milan Universal Exposition. The theme "Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life" chosen for Expo 2015 embraces related to nutrition, food security, food quality, with the common idea to achieve sustainable development. Everyone on the planet should have access to healthy, safe and sufficient food and for this reason.
The main aim of this platform implemented by the Ciheam (Bari) is to collect and share working papers , information and ideas and join together the updated researches on the topic of food security.
• Establishing of a Mediterranean network of experts focused on research, innovation and transfer of knowledge for food security;
• Creating an International Technology Platform, useful to share ideas, information and research in order to develop new synergies;
• Supporting policy makers in the elaboration of programmes and policies;
• Creating 12 National Local Points to develop and enlarge the scientific Network at the local level and assisting National Extension Services in the transfer of knowledge to operators and farmers;
• Identifying Best Sustainable Development Practices for food security (BSDP) in the frame of Expo Milan 2015 through a process of collection, recognition, evaluation and dissemination.
More information on the Programm: http://www.feedingknowledge.net/
More information on Expo 2015: http://en.expo2015.org