Technical Industrial Engineer in Electrical Engineering (1st cycle degree)
This is a well consolidated degree within the framework of engineering degrees offered by our School. The main goal of this course is to meet the demand for professionals in one of the most important sectors in industry.
The goal is to train students in the following areas:
- Electrical power generation systems.
- Calculating and designing both low and medium voltage electrical wiring.
- Static and dynamic electrical machines.
- Residential intelligent electrical installations (home systems) and industry (process automation).
- Use of alternative energies.
- Safety in the field of electricity.
In addition to these specific skills, students complete their training with more general knowledge of engineering that includes graphic expression, computer skills, mechanics, fluid science, languages, and so forth.
The studies leading to a degree in Technical Industrial Engineering, specialising in Electrical Engineering, aim to prepare students for a career in the following technological fields:
- Calculus of power lines, electrical machinery, and electrometry.
- Certifications, legal consultancy and writing experts' reports for insurance purposes, legal testimony, and the like.
- Technical management in private enterprises and in the public administration; technical offices; business administration and organising production, in addition to drafting, managing and executing projects.
- Designing power plants and installing wind and solar power systems, whether they are connected to the grid or not, and designing electrical installations.
- Maintenance of electrical power plants; setting up and managing electrical installations; and electrical power management.
- Quality management and implementation; regulation and control of electrical installations and machinery, occupational risk prevention; and health and hygiene in the workplace.