Technical Industrial Engineer in Electronic Engineering (1st cycle degree)
This degree was first introduced at the Higher Polytechnic School of Alcoy (EPSA) in 1982. Its aim was to respond to social and entrepreneurial demand by training professionals who would be capable of dealing with today's technological advances in areas such as management, maintenance and modernisation of machinery, computing, and so forth.
The aim is to train students in industrial electronics, as well as industrial instrumentation and control systems.
In addition to these specific skills, students complete their preparation with a more general knowledge of engineering. The specialist pathways that are taught at the EPSA aim to meet the demand of the local industrial sectors, and are as follows:
- Control: specialisation in industrial control and automation systems. The areas covered include advanced techniques in control engineering, computer-assisted control systems, SCADA systems and instrumentation, and industrial process regulators.
- Electronic Technology: specialisation in industrial electronic systems. The following areas are covered: commuted power supply units, digital signal processors, programmable logical devices and electronic measurement techniques.
- Electrical Technology.
The studies leading to a degree in Technical Industrial Engineering, specialising in Electronic Engineering, are clearly aimed at preparing students to pursue a career in any of the following areas:
- Control and automation of production and machinery; developing electronic designs; HVAC instruments, and electrical installations.
- Legal certification of installations and other types of certification; legal consultancy, and drawing up experts' reports for insurance purposes, legal testimony and the like.
- Technical direction and management in private enterprises and in the public administration; process maintenance; designing plans in technical offices, and creation of industrial projects.
- Quality management and implementation; occupational risk prevention, and safety and hygiene in the workplace.