- -
Home UPV :: Profiles :: Prospective student :: After the PAU entrance exam :: Admission

I study in a foreign university

Students with uncompleted foreign university studies wishing to continue their degree at UPV must apply for validation of their studies. Subjects can be validated when their content and teaching load are equivalent. UPV will verify that the applicant has in fact not completed his/her studies. Should they have completed them, the Spanish Ministry of Education and Science will reject total recognition, explicitly stating the possibility of carrying out a partial validation of studies.

To validate foreign subjects, applications must be submitted to the administration office of the institution offering the degree that the student would like to complete, with sufficient time so as to decide on validation before the beginning of the academic year. Together with the application, students must submit the following documents:

  • Birth certificate or passport.
  • Transcript of records of attended and passed subjects, stating the marks awarded.
  • Academic programme of the subjects to be validated.

This documentation must be authenticated (through diplomatic channels) and translated into Spanish (by a sworn translator) should the original be in a language other than Spanish. Interested parties can obtain information on this procedure by clicking on the following link:
Document authentication through diplomatic channels

Once the studies have been validated, candidates must address a request to the Rector of the University so as to be accepted in the degree of their choice. The Rector will take into account the following criteria:

  • The student has validated the whole first year or a minimum of 60 credits. In this case, the decision is taken according to the criteria previously established by the Governing Council. The marks of the student's university record will also be considered.
  • If the student wishes to enrol for a degree where demand is less than available places. In this case, the student should have validated a minimum of 15 credits or one subject.

Finally, students who do not achieve partial validation must pass the Spanish university entry exam.

All of these conditions are included in RD 285/2004 of February 20, and in other applicable legislation that can be consulted by clicking on the following link:

http://wwwn.mec.es/mecd/jsp/plantilla.jsp?id=5&area=titulos http://wwwn.mec.es/mecd/jsp/plantilla.jsp?id=5&area=titulos (open in a new windows)


EMAS upv