1. How do I enrol in the University Expert course?
At the UPV Centre of Permanent Training, www.cfp.upv.es, or through the following links:
2. Where can I get information on the University Expert course?
· Questions related to the UPV University Expert Qualification in Professional Competence for Teaching in Valencian: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Questions related to the UPV University Expert Qualification in Professional Competence for Teaching in a Foreign Language (English): email@example.com.
3. What teaching approaches does the University Expert course follow?
On-line training, via the Internet, except for the final exam, which consists of the oral presentation of one teaching unit (3 classroom hours).
4. How many hours does the course take?
The course lasts 240 hours and is structured as follows: 237 hours online and 3 hours on-campus (corresponding to the final test). There are no classroom sessions at the beginning of the course.
5. How many ECTS credits does the course have?
24 ECTS credits.
6. Is the number of students admitted to this online course limited?
Yes, the maximum number of students per course is 400.
7. Is there a minimum number of students?
Yes, the minimum number of students is 250.
8. What documentation is provided for students?
The documentation is provided through the virtual classroom of the course (PoliformaT).
9. How do I know if I have been accepted?
Enrolment acceptance is announced by email to those concerned, along with instructions about payment of fees.
10. In which languages are University Expert courses taught?
· The UPV University Expert Qualification in Professional Competence for Teaching in Valencian is taught in Valencian.
· The UPV University Expert Qualification in Professional Competence for Teaching in English is taught in English.
11. I have not completed my degree course. Can I enrol in University Expert courses?
Yes, students with less than 30 ECTS credits pending to obtain their degree, including the Final Degree Project, will be provisionally enrolled. However, they will not receive any certificate for the modules or be issued with the Diploma itself until they have obtained their degree.
12. I have no College Degree, but I have professional experience (I am a workshop teacher/master). Can I enrol in these University Expert courses?
If you are working or have worked for three years as a professional in an area related to the study programme you wish to access, and you meet the legal requirements to study at the University, you may be admitted, if the course management so requests. Once you pass the course, you will get a certificate of attendance for this course; nevertheless, you will not obtain the University Diploma.
13. Can I validate subjects studied at University?
Yes, you can. Students enrolled in the University Expert Course in Professional Competence for Teaching in Valencian who have taken the subjects Technical Valencian and/or Advanced Technical Valencian (old plan), or Technical Valencian I and/or Technical Valencian II (current first cycle degrees), or other subjects related to the area of knowledge of Catalan Language may request validation of the subject 8, Languages of Specialisation (2 credits), after enrolment.
14. Can I request certificates of modules of this University Qualification?
Yes, except for students awaiting issuance of a degree.
15. How do I request certificates of modules of this University Qualification?
By email to the following addresses:
· Questions related to the University Expert Diploma in Professional Competence for Teaching in Valencian:firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Questions related to the University Expert Diploma in Professional Competence for Teaching in a Foreign Language (English): email@example.com.
16. What are the tuition fees for University Expert Courses?
Fees are 350 € for the general public. Fees for members of the UPV university community (students, PAS, and PDI) and the UPV Alumni PLUS are 200 €.
17. I took the University Expert Course in Professional Competence for Teaching (in Valencian or in English) last year and I passed some subjects. If I enrol this year, do I have to take them all again?
The subjects which you have already passed in previous years are considered to be passed. Therefore, you only have to enrol in courses that you have not passed.
18. Is the Certificate of Competence in Valencian the same as the University Expert Qualification?
The Certificate of Competence is an official qualification, which enables you to teach in Valencian or in English as a vehicular language innon-university education.
TheUniversity Expert Qualification isthe training offered by the UPV for the acquisition of professional competence for instruction IN Valencian as a vehicular language in all non-university education and to teach the contents OF Valencian in Childhood education and also in Primary Education within the domain of Valencian: language and literature.
Students who pass the University Expert Course receive the UPV Diploma (University Expert Diploma in Professional Competence for Teaching in Valencian or University Expert Diploma in Competence for Teaching in a Foreign Language) and also the Certificate of Competence for Teaching in Valencian or the Certificate of Competence for Teaching in a Foreign Language: English.
19. Does the certificate of competence have an electronic signature?
Yes, it has. The certificate of Competence for Teaching in English or in Valencian from the Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV) is a certificate signed electronically. People who have obtained the certificate can consult and download it from the UPV Education Website.
The printed copy of this certificate has a secure verification code of identification that can be checked in https://sede.upv.es/eVerificador.
This printed document is fully valid since it is considered genuine, as established by Law 11/2007, of June 22, on electronic access to public services:
Article 30. Electronic Copies
[...] 5. The copies on paper of public official documents issued and signed electronically will be considered authentic copies provided that they include a code generated electronically or other verification systems that can check authenticity by access to electronic files of the Public Administration, institution or issuing authorities.
20. Where can I get more information?
· Competence for Teaching in Valencian: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Competence for Teaching in English: email@example.com.