1. The two official languages of the Autonomous Community are Valencian and Spanish. Everybody has the right to know and use them.
2. The Valencian Government shall guarantee the normal and official use of both languages and shall take all measures needed to ensure knowledge of them.
3. Nobody may be discriminated against because of their language.
4. Special protection and respect shall be granted to facilitate the recovery of Valencian.
5. The law shall set the criteria for the application of the language in the civil service and education.
6. The law shall specify the regions in which the use of one language or another is predominant, as well as those that may be exempt from having to teach and use the Community’s own language.
Statute of Autonomy of the Valencian Community 1982: full text