Where to go
- See the Sierra Calderona, the Garb&iacure; and
Picayo peaks on an excursion to the Portacoeli and
Sancti Espiritu monasteries, and the mountains towns of
Serra and Naquera (23km from Sagunt).
- In Valencia, visit the Gothic silk exchange, La
Lonja, or the nearby modernist Central Market. Attend a concert
at the Palau de la Musica or admire works of art in any of
the city's museums (25km from Sagunt).
- Visit the Grutas de San Jose in Vall d'Uixo,
a system of caverns with an underground river offering fantastic
boat trips (17km from Sagunt).
- Discover the remains of a Medieval castle in Torres
Torres, or the Roman castle in Almenara (1Okm from
- Follow the "Route of the Springs" in the Palancia
valley. All visitors should drink from these sparkling waters while
visiting the villages in the area: Soneja, Altura, Segorbe,
Navajas, Jerica, Viver, Bejis... (approx. 35km from Sagunt).
- In El Puig you can visit the Royal Monastery of
Santa María from the 13th century, which also
contains an interesting Graphic Arts museum (14 km from Sagunt).
- In Les Valls (the valleys of Sagunt), you can enjoy
some sightseeing round the orange orchards and visit the fresh
water spring at Font de Quart and Torre Señorial
in Benavites (6km from Sagunt).
UPV | Valencian Community | Guided Tour