Configure Your Connection
1. Open the Start menú. Click on the Control Panel to open it.
2. The Control Panel screen will open. Click on Network and Internet
3. The Network and Internet Screen will open. In the Network and Sharing Center, click on View network status and tasks
4. The View your basic network information and set up connections screen will open. Click on Set up a new connection or network.
5. The Set Up a Connection or Network screen will open. Select the Manually connect to a wireless network. Click the Next button
6. The Manually connect to a wireless network screen will open.
In the Network name: box enter UPVNET
From the Security type: drop down menu select WPA2-Enterprise
From the Encryption Type: drop down menu select AES
If you want this connect to start automatically check the box beside Start this connection automatically.
Click the Next button
7. The Successfully added screen will open. Click the Change connection settings link
8. The UPVNET Wireless Network Properties screen will open. On the Connection tab:
Check the box Connect automatically when this network is in range
Check the box Connect to a more preferred network if available
Click the Security tab to open it
9. On the Security tab select:
Security type: drop down menu select WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption type: drop down menu select AES
From the Choose a network authentication method: drop down menu select Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)
If you are the only person who will use this computer you can select to have your credentials remembered. Check the box beside the Remember my credentials for this connection each time I'm logged on.
Click the Settings button.
10. The Protected EAP Properties screen will open
Check the box Validate server certificate
Check the box Connect to these servers and introduce the server 'radius.upv.es'
Check the box Thawte Premium Server CA and thawte Primary Root CA
Check the box Enable Fast Reconnect
Click the Configure button
11. The EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties screen will open. Uncheck the box beside Automatically use my Windows Logon name and password (and domain if any). Click the OK button
12. The Protected EAP Properties screen will re-open. Click the OK button to close it.
13. The UPVNET Wireless Network Properties screen will re-open. Click the Advanced settings button.
14. The Advanced settings screen will open
On the 802.1X settings tab
Check the box beside Specify authentication mode:
From the drop down menu select User authentication
Click the Save credentials button
15. The Save credentials screen will open
In the User name box enter your credentials
firstname.lastname@example.org for UPVNET domain users
email@example.com for ALUMNO domain users
In the password box enter your password Click the OK button
16. The UPVNET Wireless Network Properties screen will re-open. Click the OK button
17. The Successfully added UPVNET screen will open. Click the Close button. Your wireless connection is now ready to use.
To Connect to the Wireless Network
From the System Tray click the Wireless icon
The Wireless Connection screen will open. Right mouse click the UPVNET2G connection. Click Connect