The following instructions apply to using the UPVNET wireless service on Microsoft Windows 8 machines.
1. From the Metro start screen, touch and hold or right mouse click, select 'All apps' and then select 'Desktop' from the list.
2. From the Desktop screen, touch and hold or Right Mouse Click, on the wireless icon in the bottom right of the desktop and select 'Open Network and Sharing Centre'
3. In the 'Network and Sharing centre', select 'Setup a New Connection or Network'
4. Select 'Manually connect to a wireless network'
5. Now enter the following details as shown in the screenshot below:
Network Name is UPVNET
Security Type is WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption Type is AES
Ensure the tick box 'Start this connection automatically' contains a tick and then click 'Next'
6. The next screen will say that the network has been configured. There are still more settings however, so select 'Change Connection Settings'
7. The inital screen should have the details filled in already so select the 'Security' Tab and then next to the 'Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)' option, click on the 'Settings' button.
8. In the Protected EAP Properties window:
Check the box that says Verify the server's identity by validating the certificate.
Check the box that says Connect to these servers.
Enter radius.upv.es in the text input box underneath the Connect to these servers tick box.
In Trusted Root Certification Authorities list tick: DigiCert Assured ID Root CA and UserTrust ECC Certification Authority
Ensure that Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) is selected underneath the heading Select Authentication Method
Now click on the Configure... button underneath the heading Select Authentication Method
In the 'EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties' window ensure the check box 'Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)' is UNCHECKED and click OK to both open windows to return to the Security Tab in step 7 of this guide.
9. From the 'Security' tab on the 'UPVNET Wireless Network Properties' screen, click on the 'Advanced Settings' button.
10. On the 'Advanced Settings' screen click on the '802.1X Settings' tab and, from the pull-down Menu select 'User Authentication' then click on 'OK'
11. Select OK on each of the various dialogue boxes to close them.
12. Select Close to close the Manually connect to a wireless network screen.
13. Once near an UPVNET access point, select the access point from the possible connections by clicking on the 'Wireless Network Menu' via the 'Desktop' or 'Metro Screen' and selecting eduroam.
14. Click on the Connect button
15. The next screen prompts you to authenticate yourself to allow the connection, your login details must be entered to achieve full network usage. Enter your credentials.
email@example.com for UPVNET domain users
firstname.lastname@example.org for ALUMNO domain users