1. Click on the Start button and select Connect To
2. The Connect to a network screen will open. Click on the Set up a connection or network link at the bottom of the screen.
3. The Choose a connection option screen will open. Select Manually connect to a wireless network. Click the Next button
4. The Manually connect to a wireless network screen will open.
In the Network name: box enter UPVNET
From the Security type: drop down menu select WPA2-Enterprise
From the Encryption type: drop down menu select AES
Check the box Start this connection automatically
Click the Next button
5. The Successfully added UPVNET screen will open. Your connection has been added but now you need to configure it. Click the Change connection settings
6. The UPVNET Wireless Network properties screen will open.
Check the box Connect automatically when this network is in range
Check the box Connect to a more preferred network if available
Click the Security tab
7. On the Security tab select:
Security type: drop down menu select WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption type: drop down menu select AES
Choose a network authentication method: drop down menu select Protected EAP (PEAP)
Check the box Cache user information for subsequent connections to this network.
Note: If this computer is used by more than one person, or you use additional user names, do not check this box.
Click the Settings... button
8. The Protected EAP Properties screen will open
Check the box Validate server certificate
Check the box Connect to these servers and introduce the server 'radius.upv.es'
Check the boxes:
Until November 5th, 2018 : Thawte Premium Server CA y thawte Primary Root
From November 5th, 2018: DigiCert Assured ID Root CA
Check the box Enable Fast Reconnect
Click the Configure button
9. The EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties screen will open. Uncheck the box beside Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any). Click the OK button
10. The Protect EAP Properties screen will re-open. Click OK to close it.
11. The UPVNET Wireless Network properties screen will re-open. Click OK to close it.
12. Your wireless connection is now ready to use. You should be prompted to log in. Click on the dialogue box. The log in window will appear.
To Connect to the Wireless Network
The Enter Credentials screen will be displayed. Enter your username, password and domain. ( There are two domains: ALUMNO, UPVNET )
Click the OK button. You will be connected to the UPVNET Secure network.