The VPN service can connect your device virtually to the university campus network.
Some web pages and online resources can only be accessed by computers directly connected to the UPV campus network. Access to these restricted resources from outside the campus network is provided via VPN connection.
Remember that it is necessary to configure multifactor authentication click here for more information.
Below is the guide to set up a VPN connection to UPV on Mac.
Please make sure you are already connected to the Internet before starting this procedure.
1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Network.
2. Click the Add button in the list at the left, click the Interface pop-up menu, then choose VPN.
3. Click the VPN Type pop-up menu, then choose 'Cisco IPSec'. Fill 'Service name' with a descriptive name. Click Create.
4. Enter the server address and the account name for the VPN connection.
Server Address: vpn.upv.es
Account Name: email@example.com (replace 'username' and 'domain' for yours: Which are my username and domain?
Password: yourpass ( Which is my password?)
5. Click 'Authentication Settings…' then enter this information:
Shared Secret: upvnet
Group name: soloupv
If you need to access to certain journals or databases of the Library, where is necessary an IP address of the UPV, you have to introduce 'biblioteca' into 'Group name' field. All your Internet traffic will go through the VPN connection.
Otherwise introduce soloupv . Only your traffic to UPV will go through VPN. (recommended)
7. Click 'Apply', then click 'OK'. You should be able to connect to the VPN connection.